DrakoMs v.75 forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Siren's Lure

3 posters

Go down

A Siren's Lure Empty A Siren's Lure

Post by Siren Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:34 am

"In Greek mythology, the Sirens are creatures with the head of a female and the body of a bird. They lived on an island (Sirenum scopuli; three small rocky islands) and with the irresistible charm of their song they lured mariners to their destruction on the rocks surrounding their island (Virgil V, 846; Ovid XIV, 88). " ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

I always found Sirens to be fascinating, even if they are creepy looking. I suppose it was this interest in them as well as greek mythology which resulted in my username; however, I can go by several names depending on whom the person is. I like nicknames...both giving and receiving them.

I have been a member of DMS for about 3 weeks now, maybe a month? I know it took me forever to get my first rebirth since I was mostly doing it on skele's with the draco quest...that felt like ages, haha!

To all new members: get over that first hump (and if you can afford it - donate for equips! Or at least save up fire ore!) and things go smoothly from there.

I wasn't here for things like the WW PQ so I am excited to see these when they come back (@fire was recently returned as well).

I currently play the server mostly with my best friend and my fiance. We enjoy being able to hang out without too much hassle and just have a good time.

I like to help out new members when I can, but I don't get a lot of net time so I probably won't help you "rb plz" unless you're also a guild member who seems active, friendly, and helpful. Nothing sucks more than spending time helping someone achieve a goal only to see them never come back. ;_;

Uh, I guess this is it. I always fail at introductions.

- I like DMS
- I think Bishops are kick ass
- I will answer any questions people have in game or on the forum to the best of my ability
- I love the color pink
- I can sport a girly avatar one minute then blood and guts the next. I'm just that kind of person.
- I have an OCD with the number four.
- I am short.
- My hair has 3-4 colors in it naturally during the summer. I happen to love my hair =D

OK I am done...just reaching for crap now.
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

A Siren's Lure Empty Re: A Siren's Lure

Post by Deagan Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:38 am

Siren wrote:"In Greek mythology, the Sirens are creatures with the head of a female and the body of a bird. They lived on an island (Sirenum scopuli; three small rocky islands) and with the irresistible charm of their song they lured mariners to their destruction on the rocks surrounding their island (Virgil V, 846; Ovid XIV, 88). " ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

I always found Sirens to be fascinating, even if they are creepy looking. I suppose it was this interest in them as well as greek mythology which resulted in my username; however, I can go by several names depending on whom the person is. I like nicknames...both giving and receiving them.

I have been a member of DMS for about 3 weeks now, maybe a month? I know it took me forever to get my first rebirth since I was mostly doing it on skele's with the draco quest...that felt like ages, haha!

To all new members: get over that first hump (and if you can afford it - donate for equips! Or at least save up fire ore!) and things go smoothly from there.

I wasn't here for things like the WW PQ so I am excited to see these when they come back (@fire was recently returned as well).

I currently play the server mostly with my best friend and my fiance. We enjoy being able to hang out without too much hassle and just have a good time.

I like to help out new members when I can, but I don't get a lot of net time so I probably won't help you "rb plz" unless you're also a guild member who seems active, friendly, and helpful. Nothing sucks more than spending time helping someone achieve a goal only to see them never come back. ;_;

Uh, I guess this is it. I always fail at introductions.

- I like DMS
- I think Bishops are kick ass
- I will answer any questions people have in game or on the forum to the best of my ability
- I love the color pink
- I can sport a girly avatar one minute then blood and guts the next. I'm just that kind of person.
- I have an OCD with the number four.
- I am short.
- My hair has 3-4 colors in it naturally during the summer. I happen to love my hair =D

OK I am done...just reaching for crap now.

Poor odyssee and his men... first they escaped from cyclops, then odysee almost got charmed by kirke, and now he is being charmed by these lovely creatures.
Have to love the stories.
Hai sarah.
Deagan
Deagan
Admin

https://drakoms.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:41 am

Can't blame them for trying! Wink

I keep thinking of Ariel from the little mermaid singing her song...haha.

Hai Deagan
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by Deagan Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:24 am

Siren wrote:Can't blame them for trying! Wink

I keep thinking of Ariel from the little mermaid singing her song...haha.

Hai Deagan

I dont know that story :\
Deagan
Deagan
Admin

https://drakoms.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Just a kid's movie from Disney based on a mermaid who has an amazing voice, but ends up losing it when making a deal to become human to try to find the man (a prince) she saw and had the whole instant love thing with. I loved it as a kid Smile
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:25 am

Those Sirens sound creepy O.o
100th Post! ;D
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content