DrakoMs v.75 forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Suggestion.

3 posters

Go down

Forum Suggestion. Empty Forum Suggestion.

Post by CrimsonDeadly Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 am

SO! This said Site suggestions but I didn't know whether it meant the site, the forum... Or both! So I'll post it here.

Forum Moderation Apps.
End of. More categorisation, makes the place neater... How are FM's even determined around here?
I suggest have them. Makes things a lot better. Of course you can determine their attitude and what not on the forums itself apart from the app...
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Forum Suggestion. Empty Re: Forum Suggestion.

Post by Deagan Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 am

As the forums are rather small and I have Sarah and Nina watch for me, and myself.. I think there are rather enough mods, eventually, my GM's would get some kind of moderator too.
Deagan
Deagan
Admin

https://drakoms.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:38 am

Deagan wrote:As the forums are rather small and I have Sarah and Nina watch for me, and myself.. I think there are rather enough mods, eventually, my GM's would get some kind of moderator too.

Alright then. Keep this in mind just in case the forums blow up and things get outta hand ;D
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Deagan Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 am

Ok sure thing.
Deagan
Deagan
Admin

https://drakoms.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 am

Thanks man. (:

I also suggest you give your Moderators the power to ban. That flamer earlier was still here even when your Mod was here.
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:41 am

xMrReece wrote:Thanks man. (:

I also suggest you give your Moderators the power to ban. That flamer earlier was still here even when your Mod was here.

He is aware of that. He had multiple MSN messages left as well as something here on the forum, haha.

By the way "his mod" has a name. (And for the record: there are two mods total, not just one)

From my research (I am not TOO familiar with forummotion though, but I made a new forum about an hour ago to tinker in the admin panel) - he actually can't.

Moderators for this forum type are merely here to move/delete/etc etc threads. I had a lot of fun not only needing to delete the flamers posts, but yours as well...in the future, please don't respond. It only gives them more ammunition. I also hope you were joking when you told him you didn't mind because he was just boosting up your post count more.

What I really suggest is more forum admins since they have the power to suspend and ban. I would think more about timezone with this one though. Not sure the GMs schedules on this, but Deagan would and if he decides to add more (or when he does) I know he'll get it sorted out just fine.
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:45 am

Siren wrote:He is aware of that. He had multiple MSN messages left as well as something here on the forum, haha.

By the way "his mod" has a name. (And for the record: there are two mods total, not just one)

From my research (I am not TOO familiar with forummotion though, but I made a new forum about an hour ago to tinker in the admin panel) - he actually can't.

Moderators for this forum type are merely here to move/delete/etc etc threads. I had a lot of fun not only needing to delete the flamers posts, but yours as well...in the future, please don't respond. It only gives them more ammunition. I also hope you were joking when you told him you didn't mind because he was just boosting up your post count more.

What I really suggest is more forum admins since they have the power to suspend and ban. I would think more about timezone with this one though. Not sure the GMs schedules on this, but Deagan would and if he decides to add more (or when he does) I know he'll get it sorted out just fine.

I said the post count thing to try and see if he would shut up... Does that mean we have new forums? if so... Link please? I know I should have posted your username but I forgot what it was and I was like: "Oh crap... I'll just put 'His mod' and be done with it..." I hope it works out though with the moderation power thingy...
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 am

Nope the same forums. I don't see Deagan wanting to move anytime soon. *sits down in her corner*

In regards to mod powers: I haven't had a ton of time to look, but I haven't seen anything regarding letting them suspend/ban (and there is no warning feature at all to my knowledge).

We're still small though so as long as we don't entice flamers into posting more (in other words: ignore them, it shouldn't get too bad. Deagan will ban then Nina or I will clean it up. =)
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:51 am

Can I at least warn them once? they may not have read the forum rules Neutral

If that doesn't work, after I'll ignore em.
What type of forum did you make anyways? cause I have some experience with forum making, I could give you a link but I don't know whether it would be advertising, although I'm technically not advertising for any online game other than Club Penguin and Runescape on that forum (Reviews...)
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:54 am

You're better off just to send them a friendly PM. If they continue to be rude/flaming then notify a moderator/admin immediately. (PM/MSN whatever). I don't see a report feature on here either...oi vey!

The forum I made was forummotion, only for the purpose of seeing how their admin panel is. :p

My personal forum experience is primarily SMF, vBulletin, InvisionPower, and some PhpBB.
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:58 am

Siren wrote:You're better off just to send them a friendly PM. If they continue to be rude/flaming then notify a moderator/admin immediately. (PM/MSN whatever). I don't see a report feature on here either...oi vey!

The forum I made was forummotion, only for the purpose of seeing how their admin panel is. :p

My personal forum experience is primarily SMF, vBulletin, InvisionPower, and some PhpBB.

I run a PhpBB forum. I just don't know how to make people "Moderators" because it doesn't give me the option!

It's gay! >=[
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:10 am

xMrReece wrote:
Siren wrote:You're better off just to send them a friendly PM. If they continue to be rude/flaming then notify a moderator/admin immediately. (PM/MSN whatever). I don't see a report feature on here either...oi vey!

I run a PhpBB forum. I just don't know how to make people "Moderators" because it doesn't give me the option!

It's gay! >=[

I am not making another forum just to refresh myself on the admin panel in phpBB so I just used google and came up with this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Basically, you need to make the group yourself.
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 am

Siren wrote:I am not making another forum just to refresh myself on the admin panel in phpBB so I just used google and came up with this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Basically, you need to make the group yourself.

O.M.G!
-Hugz-
ThanQ Very Happy
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:20 am

No problem at all.

If you ever have any other forum/admin issues just shoot me a PM.

EDIT: Mods can now ban, yay!
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down