DrakoMs v.75 forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowering Rates

+6
Deagan
xNyakiSIN
Siren
CrimsonDeadly
nudemischief
NudeOutrage
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lowering Rates Empty Lowering Rates

Post by NudeOutrage Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:54 pm

So hey everyone!
If you're wondering why you haven't been seeing the both of us online (Troy & Emily) anymore is because for the past week or so we've been playing another server. the server's rates are i think 25/10/5 or something and after like 5 days we got to lvl 200.. so we're basically number 1&2 or w/e ..0_0 haha don' get mad at us now XD we still love DrakoMS.
Anyways, this post is actually supposed to be more towards requesting a couple things from Deagan XD.
But, yes we've been playing name removed - no advertising and we've decided to come back and kinda maybe steal some people from that server hehe.
Thing is we wanted to know if Deagan would lower the rates for the server. Idk ask Troy I'll get him to post here too. lol

Also.. Deagan can you delete the character 'crash' ? They're already banned so it shouldn't be a problem right?
Keep the names Crash & Burn available for us!! PLZZZZ.

Thats what we're known as on name removed by the people we're bringing along with us XD

-THANKS DEAG!!!!
NudeOutrage
NudeOutrage

Back to top Go down

Lowering Rates Empty As emily said we have been playin a low rate server

Post by nudemischief Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 pm

We have made quite a large amount of friends in this server, and after playing this server we learned a few things, that would make a really great server. For one ALOT of people search for low rate servers, its hard to find a good one. A good size amount of people are willing to leave abidestory for another server, some of which have tried your server and found the rates high that might have been when it was 300x rates but were talking to a medium size group about joining drako if we could get the rates lowered.

nudemischief

Back to top Go down

Lowering Rates Empty Re: Lowering Rates

Post by CrimsonDeadly Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:16 pm

I think rates should stay the way they are. They're reasonable and not too high. It's better than those other servers up the leaderboard, like FMS and HMS...
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by NudeOutrage Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Yeah well some of us like a challege.. if you read. we got to 200 and became the top players on AbideStory in 5 days and that s in a low 35/10/5 rate server
NudeOutrage
NudeOutrage

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:49 pm

You should have added a poll along with this thread so people could choose whether they want low rate or mid-rate. I personally like it the way it is. Not spoon-feeding and not GMS-like.. Neutral
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:54 pm

NudeOutrage wrote:Yeah well some of us like a challege.. if you read. we got to 200 and became the top players on AbideStory in 5 days and that s in a low 35/10/5 rate server

Not everyone has that kind of time to put into a lower rate server. Rates as they are still took me about 2 weeks to reach my first rebirth.

To be honest if people want a lower rate server others exist (as you pointed out), but many people are also looking for that not-too-easy, but not-too-hard range and DMS fits the bill.

I am sure if the people don't like the other server that much, they wouldn't mind trying one that may seem a little easier to them.

I do still promote offering another world (or two if Deagan wants to try lower out as well) to help bring in more members who may want a little more variation in their choices.
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:58 pm

if there was a way to link all these worlds so that everyone can talk, but people from different worlds have different rates, that would be awesome!
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:00 am

xMrReece wrote:if there was a way to link all these worlds so that everyone can talk, but people from different worlds have different rates, that would be awesome!

Uh, no lol

They are different worlds for a reason. xD (Pretty sure GMS would have done that themselves if they could make money off it...and it was easily possible)
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:25 am

I've seen a server with it before, and it was a pretty crappy server too. Deagan SHOULD be able to do it Neutral
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:35 am

xMrReece wrote:I've seen a server with it before, and it was a pretty crappy server too. Deagan SHOULD be able to do it Neutral

Can you remember the server name? (Don't post it here), but you could hook him up so he could have an idea.
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by xNyakiSIN Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:35 am

1. SOME people look for lower rates but that doesnt out-beat the ones the look for HIGHER rates. and yes siren is right; most of the players dont have that sort of time to invest into the game PLUS its the answer to mere boredom anyway.
2. if there were different channels for different rates, that would be pretty awesome BUT i dont think the server is ready for that just yet. (not big enough and what not). that would require more GMs AND the fact that some players would want to switch (which there is world switch nx thing but who wants to "buy" that?).
3. the split would separate the community which we are known for.

xNyakiSIN

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:39 am

xNyakiSIN wrote:1. SOME people look for lower rates but that doesnt out-beat the ones the look for HIGHER rates. and yes siren is right; most of the players dont have that sort of time to invest into the game PLUS its the answer to mere boredom anyway.
2. if there were different channels for different rates, that would be pretty awesome BUT i dont think the server is ready for that just yet. (not big enough and what not). that would require more GMs AND the fact that some players would want to switch (which there is world switch nx thing but who wants to "buy" that?).
3. the split would separate the community which we are known for.

There is a way to link the worlds together if I'm not mistaken, that way the community will be as one still.
That or we could keep this one world and have people choose their rates at the beginning, give them a choice of low, medium or high rated-ness. And sport rankings for each category.
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Deagan Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:42 am

I am highly thinking about a high rate AND low rate server.
Deagan
Deagan
Admin

https://drakoms.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:45 am

High rate without spoon feeding will definitely bring in a large amount of people (be prepared!)

It would also get them to check out the other servers as well. I know I usually like to play a higher rate server when I just want to kickback and relax without grinding as bad.

So this way...they'd do it all on DMS rather than bouncing around! =)
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:58 am

Make an npc at the beginning of the game, where players can choose to have low rates, medium rates or high rates. Have in-game rankings and have a command for different rates... Like @lranking, @mranking, @hranking.

Also:
Siren wrote:High rate without spoon feeding will definitely bring in a large amount of people (be prepared!)

That would be easy for me... I used to be a GM on a server with 150 people online daily (weekdays).
Imagine weekends.
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:14 am

xMrReece wrote:Make an npc at the beginning of the game, where players can choose to have low rates, medium rates or high rates. Have in-game rankings and have a command for different rates... Like @lranking, @mranking, @hranking.

Also:
Siren wrote:High rate without spoon feeding will definitely bring in a large amount of people (be prepared!)

That would be easy for me... I used to be a GM on a server with 150 people online daily (weekdays).
Imagine weekends.

I'm going to be honest. Your inability to even handle a simple flamer here has me worried about if you being on the team would exactly help Deagan "be prepared" as I said - or make him more headaches.
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:32 am

well at least you tell me instead of keeping it quiet. And as I stated in my GameMaster Application -
xMrReece wrote:Am I patient?:
Yes I'm patient although I can become irritable when provoked and won't stand for stupidity or intentional annoyance of any kind. Sure I can be impatient at times but hey, who isn't that's the question?

I have problems containing myself when someone verbally harrasses me, my dad tells me never to back down and that self defense is good. Not to mention I have his genes...
Obviously when I'm in a state of power I won't abuse my power when someone verbally harrasses me. During a state of power I seem to get a more leadership-like mindset. Everyone is entitled to defend themselves.

I can keep control of a server of 100-125 people by myself. Neutral
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:48 am

Good answer, but remember people will make personal attacks in game just as easily. It isn't backing down - it's called being the bigger (and better) person.

100-125 isn't too big to be honest. xD The goal is for DMS to EXPLODE...they want THOUSANDS...they will TAKE OVER THE WO--oh wait, I think I just gave away some diabolical plan of the DMS Game Masters. >.>
Siren
Siren

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:51 am

Siren wrote:Good answer, but remember people will make personal attacks in game just as easily. It isn't backing down - it's called being the bigger (and better) person.

100-125 isn't too big to be honest. xD The goal is for DMS to EXPLODE...they want THOUSANDS...they will TAKE OVER THE WO--oh wait, I think I just gave away some diabolical plan of the DMS Game Masters. >.>

Yeah but if we took over the world, there would be GameMasters from all over the world, which would mean there would be more than 1 GM on at a time. Plus, if we blew up that much Nexon would be on our ass before we could say "oops"...

Like I said, I take on a leader-like roll when I gain power... It's weird, my grammar straightens out and my nobility (<- word?) increases... Like on my forums, I'm the admin and I use big words and... You get the drift o-o
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Deagan Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:50 am

About your suggestion : 1 world different rates = pain in the ass, nobody would choose low rates since pros would be KS'ing or outshowing you.

therefore, check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for some future plans.
Deagan
Deagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:52 am

Deagan wrote:About your suggestion : 1 world different rates = pain in the ass, nobody would choose low rates since pros would be KS'ing or outshowing you.

therefore, check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for some future plans.

and that's why touring should be implemented, to punish ksers effectively.
As for outshowing, they have a reason.

Although you've made your decision and I'll shut up starting

NOW!
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Deagan Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:31 am

oh that feels good.
Deagan
Deagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:32 am

I meant shutting up about the topic... Neutral
I'm not shutting up full stop! D:
Or were you implying something else? o-o
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Deagan Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:33 am

Not really, I mean yea man I meant it feels good I made the descision so that I get rid of this in game suggestion. or really
Deagan
Deagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonDeadly Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:34 am

You just confused me... You mean you don't like this in-game suggestion and want it gone? o-o
CrimsonDeadly
CrimsonDeadly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next