DrakoMs v.75 forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

downloading help

4 posters

Go down

downloading help Empty downloading help

Post by wartaco35 Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:20 pm

title says it all I really want to join this server but i'm having trouble downloading it. i think i no a decent amount about computers but if wat im saying doesnt make sense just tell me, well i downloaded v.75 part 1 and part 2 (im a little confused y it comes in 2 chunks) and then i downloaded the cleint i made a new file instead of puting it in the maplestory file cuz my bro wants me to download the private server and i want to play the normal 1 and we only hav 1 comp but once i put all of them in the file i realized that they where all rar files and required a program to run them and i hav no idea what im suppose to use cuz in the past ive down loaded private servers and they would require me to down load a certain version but it was an exe file so i didnt need anything to run it with, then i would usually (once they where in the same file just make a shortcut maplestory and play.... as u can tell im very lost please tell me wat i did wrong

Last edited by wartaco35 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sent 2 early wasnt done)

wartaco35

Back to top Go down

downloading help Empty Re: downloading help

Post by Johnathan Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Download WinRAR. It's an extractor for all .rar files. and if you're gonna play on more than one Private Server, keep the v.75 folder and don't change anything to it. Then copy it into a different folder, and in that folder add the different Client. I have 3 different private servers that I sometimes play on, mostly Drako though, and that's what I did.

tl dr; Copy the v.75 into a different folder and add the Client

Download WinRAR.

Johnathan

Back to top Go down

Post by renjiabarai246 Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:59 am

I have a problem also. I would like to inquire if there is a certain order for downloading, or what exactly you must do for DrakoMS to properly work. scratch
renjiabarai246
renjiabarai246

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeox Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:23 am

When you extracted the MSv75 part 1 and 2, did you extract it into its own separate folder and install it into the folder? If so, make sure you put the client into the right folder and that non of the files ended up in the original nexon folder. Most people mess up on the installation process or extraction
Zeox
Zeox

Back to top Go down

Post by renjiabarai246 Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:31 am

I think so, but I extracted client first which I guess was wrong, and I downloaded the .dll file it said was missing then it said there was some other thign missing so I was liek FUUUUUUU- and then downloaded the first part of msv75 and then I tried to extract to the drakoms folder and it said I needed part 2 or something, then I tried to add that one in too and then it said some error occured and I gave up.
renjiabarai246
renjiabarai246

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeox Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:36 am

Okay start over. Redownload BOTH parts and extract AFTER you have both of em download. Something should popup asking for the second part and you should click okay, or select part 2. What program are you using to extract it? And after you extract them, then download the client into the folder. You can create a shortcut to the client, but make sure the original .exe is still in the folder
Zeox
Zeox

Back to top Go down

Post by renjiabarai246 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:19 am

! Cannot open C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\LVG6RZIM\DrakoMS%20MSSetupv75.part1[1].rar
! The system cannot find the file specified.
! C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\LVG6RZIM\DrakoMS%20MSSetupv75.part1[1].rar: No files to extract

thats what it says now that I try to extract the first part to the file folder. It might be because I tried extracting it before downloading the second part and then I had to cancel it and then download the second part.
renjiabarai246
renjiabarai246

Back to top Go down

Post by renjiabarai246 Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:31 am

ok.. >.> nvm this game god damn. i can't get this to work
renjiabarai246
renjiabarai246

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:32 am

You're using all the wrong files. When you open WinRAR, just go to the file where you downloaded v.75.

Keep WinRAR open, then move both parts into one file.

Do the same with the client. When you're done with that just run the client.

Johnathan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum