DrakoMs v.75 forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DrakoMS Review

5 posters

Go down

DrakoMS Review Empty DrakoMS Review

Post by Mugen Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:27 am

I dug this up from my v62 folder and I thought I might share this with everyone here. I wrote this review for a forum event Deagan hosted in our v62 forums before I became a GM. After re-reading it though, it seems pretty nooby LOL. The replies from Deagan are also from the old forums.

"Just as a warning though this might be really long, im gonna take my time to list the best things I can think of Drako I hope you read it all deagan! xD

Lets Start things off with Drako's most notable attribute, its Community. In all of my time spent here playing on Drako, I value my Friends more than anything on the Sever. Sure starting as a noob was tough trying to get what you wanted, but I made friends both weird and cool which no doubt helped me achieve what I wanted. The owner, GMs, Long time players, they all fit in and do thier part in this wonderful community. Heck even the noobs can Shine in the limelight once in a while. The Forums has had its ups and down but with a little determination the Head of GMs and the guy in charge of the Forums has worked closely alongside the Owner of DrakoMs to make it alot more user friendly. Thier efforts have paid off and the forums are now flourishing into a great place for help and support, entertainment and just about anything else you can think of. I love the community and I could'nt possibly give it anything less than a 9/10.

Support here is usually underestimated but I think it does a decent if not great job of helping with what is needed right here and right now. With atleast 3-5 GMs on daily, its not hard to believe why the Support isn't half assed. Whether you need help in game or in the chat box on our main site, there will always be someone there to guide you and help with difficulties you may be experiencing with/within the server. Problems with other players are usually resolved within the game with the help of a GM and if that doesn't work we have threads located in the Forums that deal with Players who don't follow the rules. What I think is the most helpful though is how everyone can help whether they are a GM or a player that has good knowledge of how the server works. It shows when a noob needs help and they Smega it and in just a few seconds you get a reply. I rate the Support 7/10 for effective troubleshooting.

Next we have the Features/Custimization. Custom maps play a great part in how we level and I myself have used some for personal training and training with friends. An example would be Secret shrine where I trained when I was around level 50-75 with low rebirths. Those boogies gave me great exp at the level I was in. As I work my way up the chain of players known as "Pros" I discovered a place called Battle Arena 3. If you are strong enough to kill the Scorpions, they offer really good exp from very low levels up to around the 130s. This map along with Crimsonwood keep have has helped me grind those 130 rebirths that I have been working for. Custom rewards systems like @fire provide a range of semi godly weapons and other items that assit you in every day grinding. More hardcore players find themselves visiting @tamis for triuly Godly weapons and equips for those that deserve to wield better weapons than the rest. Custom Player Quests (PQs) sets the player in areas where they are to complete various tasks like jumping through obstacles or collecting specials orbs and at the very end of these challenges the players are rewarded with generous amounts of Fire ores and Dark soul rocks (DSR) to use in our custom rewards systems respectively. These are just some of the many great features that compliment the Drako experience and keep players with something to do all the time. I think it deserves a 7/10.

There willl always be people who complain about the rates and how it makes us level slower, but with a community of our size I think the rates balances everything out finely. Which brings us to the topic of Gameplay. Starting out as a noob can be hard like I mentioned earlier and thats why rewards systems exsists in private servers. It encourages players to grind to work for one or more things they want. Things like the Goddess wristband and the ability to use @say (which iis equivilant to infinite smegas) gives meaning to why we spend so much time leveling our characters. My determination actually was more like competition, I wanted to have a certain thing that others don't have or I wanted to fit in because I was missing something. Many reasons that drive us to continue playing. I think if the rates were Higher everyone would become pro, but wheres the fun in that? Others have suggested FM bosses but the Owner has kindly declined that suggestion. Sure it may be easier to level because the bosses spawn right after its death but again, it will make it too easy to level and Deagan has clealy stated DrakoMS does NOT spoonfeed. Overall I would of given gameplay a 5/10 because after 130 rebirths and when you have gotten everything like equips and have maxed your stats, theres practically nothing to do. Good thing Deagan has Introduced the Maxstats system giving the option to Super rebirth (= every 130 ish rebirths) which breaks the barrier and lets players level beyond the max stats cap and now the pros have a reason to play again and something to work for. Along with the new custom quests Deagan has implimented, I think Gameplay deserves an 8/10.

Overall I think DrakoMs is a Great server, its no wonder why so many people play and still play to this day. I Started a Month before the summer break with all but a random urge to play MapleStory. I asked a good friend of mine to find a good server to kill some time During the summer. He has gone through 3 of them and all of them didn't work, finally we came across this server and decide to try it out. Few months later the summer has ended and school is in!! 6 Wonderful Months In DrakoMS with my friends and I wouldn't give it up for the world. 9/10"

~Mugen 10/16/09.

----- Deagan's reply -----

Best review till now, You covered everything you said with clear arguments and facts that's noone can blow over. (COUGH except maybe me)
I just didn't get one thing you said, about the gameplay, did you give it a 5/10 or 8/10 at the end? 0_0?
And yea drakoms is pretty 'big' but.. of course my fantasy is to make DrakoMs a HUGE community jus tlike destinyms and such :\
Actually I read this whole review, thought it was interresting and I think this is the best one till now 0_0

----- End Deagan's reply -----
Mugen
Mugen

Back to top Go down

DrakoMS Review Empty Re: DrakoMS Review

Post by NoFayulHere Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:09 am

Hehe. Saved this?
i remember this contest, i also saw the reviews on RZ.
I think you won o-o
NoFayulHere
NoFayulHere

Back to top Go down

Post by Mugen Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:30 am

███████ wrote:Hehe. Saved this?
i remember this contest, i also saw the reviews on RZ.
I think you won o-o

Lol I didn't really get a prize...but its okay. Actually I thought my review was lost forever but then I found it again on v62 advertisment page Deagan made on ragezone. So I copied it from there xD. Yours is there too I think. Very Happy
Mugen
Mugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Deagan Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:46 pm

Yep I basically copied 90% of them Wink
Deagan
Deagan
Admin

https://drakoms.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down